OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Must be passionate about, exceptionally good at and truly love to research and write. Must be highly skilled at finding “the needle in a haystack” cases and making strong, persuasive written arguments. Must be passionate about employment law and written advocacy for employees at all levels – highly compensated executives to minimum wage workers. Must have at least five (5) years of experience. Judicial clerkship experience is helpful.
What will I work on?
Primarily, you will work on class, collective, and representative actions challenging wage theft, employee misclassification, and workplace discrimination. Your primary role will be research and writing memos, drafting jury instructions, preparing motions, briefs, and appellate documents in support of the firm’s litigation portfolio.
You will also have an active role in all cases, including working closely with clients and potential clients; investigating new cases; participating in negotiations and mediations.
You can also expect to work on negotiating severance agreements and non-competes; helping workers understand their rights in discriminatory circumstances. Your practice will be high touch, with an emphasis on human interactions. The ideal candidate understands managing personalities plus deadlines. It’s what makes our jobs so difficult, but also so rewarding. Prepare to be rewarded from client feedback and challenged by a belief in continuous improvement and professional development. At our firm, we believe we have the capacity to change lives, and we want to help you do that for our clients.
- 5-7 years or more of experience – employment law experience preferred
- Exceptional research, analytical and writing skills – this is the predominant responsibility for this position
- KTI trial methods experience strongly preferred
- Superior knowledge of Google Business Suite – Docs, Sheets, Email, Calendaring; Adobe. Clio Matter Management is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong drive and work ethic to complete projects timely
- Driven brand ambassador for the firm
Benefits and Perks
- 5 weeks of paid time off each year (3 weeks at the Firm’s discretion; generally the weeks of July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Remote work 90% of the time
- 50% of employee health insurance paid by Firm
- Bar Dues paid by the Firm
- Annual CLE Budget
- Free front door parking
- Free Office Snacks/Drinks
- Office Casual attire (unless client meetings)
- Walking distance to YMCA, uptown, Panther stadium, light rail, and more.
Interested? Apply now.
"*" indicates required fields