Our Ideal Candidate:
We know being a paralegal can be one of the toughest jobs at a law firm. Deadlines, especially litigation deadlines, are real, so we value creating an environment to facilitate collaboration. For this opportunity, we are searching for a person with grit, grace, and perseverance. Extreme attention to details must matter and will be rewarded. Following up incessantly (i.e., “nagging”) is valued. Turning over every stone is encouraged. Exceptional writing skills are necessary and deeply valued.
We need a team member with extensive litigation experience – especially and primarily with written discovery and deposition outlines. You will add immediate value by handling a variety of tasks with minimal supervision. Employment litigation experience is preferred as well as experience / training with KTI trial methods.
- Conduct initial case assessments
- Create and maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Own all aspects of drafting discovery, including drafting interrogatories, requests for production, and requests for admission in a timely and efficient manner
- Own all aspects of interviewing/collecting data required to timely prepare draft discovery responses, creating and maintaining discovery indexes, and readying documents for production
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Draft pleadings, motions, and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Filing and organization of case files
- Handle trial preparation for the attorney and post-trial procedures
- Gather and organize relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Help with voir dire, jury selection, and witnesses preparation
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- 5-7 years or more of proven experience as a litigation/discovery paralegal required – employment law experience preferred
- Proven experience in handling all aspects of written discovery
- Paralegals trained on KTI trial methods strongly preferred
- Working knowledge and capability of filing documents using the CM/ECF system
- Superior knowledge of Google Business Suite – Docs, Sheets, Email, Calendaring; Adobe; and Relativity is required. Clio Matter Management is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong drive and work ethic to complete projects daily
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Driven brand ambassador for the firm
Benefits and Perks
- 5 weeks of paid time off each year (3 weeks at the Firm’s discretion; generally the weeks of July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Remote work 90%
- Weekly flexible start time each day (must work consecutive 8 hours after choosing start time)
- 50% of employee health insurance paid by Firm
- Free front door parking
- Free Office Snacks/Drinks
- Office Casual attire (unless client meetings)
- Walking distance to YMCA, uptown, Panther stadium, light rail, and more.
Interested? Apply now.
"*" indicates required fields